Sunday, January 11, 2009

"I DON'T CARE IF IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME AGAIN"

"Church bells are ringing,
Carolers are singing,
The blues start to descend,
But all through the lonely silent night
I tell myself everything’s all right
‘Cause I don’t care if it’s Christmas time again.

"At parties they’re dancing,
And some are romancing
While ringing the holiday in.
But I laid alone all Christmas Eve
Just trying to make myself believe
That I don’t care if it’s Christmas time again.

"Oh, But when I fell asleep
I had A dream so sweet
About the home to know.
It was a midnight clear,
Loved ones drew me near,
My tears started to flow
Because I almost believed it was so.
What do I know?

"Well, I’ll tell you….

"I know when I woke up
I started to choke up
And so I forced a big grin.
I said, “Hey, it’s just another day,”
While fighting the urge to kneel and pray
That heaven would send someone my way
Who’d make me care that it’s Christmas time
—I want to care that it’s Christmas time!
Some make me care that it’s Christmas time again.


"Please make me care that it's Christmas time again."

Here is the song as originally performed in the 2003 Cotton Hall produciton.


Below is the song as performed in the Southwest Arkansas Art Center's Production of "A Southern Christmas Carol."

No comments: